Executive Team Development
- Are you annoyed by frictions and low performance in the boardroom?
- Can you afford high transaction costs due to silo behaviour any longer?
- Or, do you strive to harvest your team`s full Collaboration Premium?
Amongst all forces shaping the dynamics within an organisation, the team at the top is the most critical one: Organisations have a strong inclination towards re-enacting the attitudes and behaviours of their leadership team. Thus, aligned, effective top teams are the key driver for organisational performance.
High performing teams at the top, however, are a rare species. Why so? The great talents and proven track records of the individual members are potential building blocks of a "Top Team Paradox": Representation dynamics, hidden or open turf issues, and shifting loyalties are typical forces that work against team alignment. This is why top teams often face the risk to get stuck. As a result, the team asset remains under-leveraged and the performance potential untapped – starting at the top and trickling throughout the organisation.
In these typical situations you ask us to support you…
- shifting your top team's practices towards high performance
- developing your executive team's performance in new business unit structure
- aligning your new executive team in post-merger situation.
To fully leverage the team asset at the top, executive teams have one critical lever at hand: disciplined thought and disciplined collaboration based on enhanced team awareness. Working with top teams through a tailor-made diagnostics of their specific team dynamics, we provide new lenses for a deeper understanding of the underlying complex forces that drive individual behaviours.
We see top team disfunctions occuring naturally for reasons like lack of trust, avoidance of conflict, weakness of commitment, inattention to joint results. In addition, each team is driven by its very own unique dynamic, rooted in personal, interpersonal and systemic patterns and the interplay in-between. By enhancing team awareness, we build the fundament that enables teams to cope with those specific dysfunctional dynamics that hamper team performance.
With our unique social technique, we effectively translate the often avoided soft team issues into hard, managerial issues. We combine our proven, proprietary instruments – like the Top Team Dynamics Model, the Top Team Performance Review and the Top Team Leadership Review – to trigger structured reflection and dialogue within the team for measurable, positive results, depending on the issue at hand.
In working with us, you and your executive team…
- get a managerial view on the specific team dynamics that hamper performance
- work with multi-perspective feedback on your "leadership shadow" in the organisation
- learn to enhance your team effectiveness to create lasting results.